When you have decided to buy or sell a home, the services of a qualified real estate professional are of utmost importance.
The ideal sales agent will have a good working knowledge of local real estate market conditions, be prepared to deliver a high standard of service to customers, and have the support of a large real estate company. Most importantly, a good agent will save you time and money.
Here are the advantages of working with a sales agent:
When buying a house:
- Agents are experienced negotiators who will manage your offers and counter-offers.
- An agent is familiar with the neighbourhood and can give you information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- An agent is familiar with the entire home purchasing process and can advise you of your legal and financial options as well as recommend appraisal, home inspection and contracting services.
- An agent can pinpoint homes that fit your needs and dismiss those that do not, saving you time. An agent knows the potential problem areas in a home and can guide you away from “lemons.”
When selling a house.
- An agent knows real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help set an agreeable and competitive price on your home.
- An agent will establish a marketing strategy for your home ensuring that your property is exposed to scores of potential buyers.
- An agent takes care of the many tasks involved in selling a house (from placing your listing to putting up the for sale sign). This ensures that the transaction is simple and low-stress for you.
- An agent is an expert in the home selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- An agent is an experienced negotiator and will work to get you the best price possible price.